Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Crazy Kind of Love by Mary Ann Marlowe

On today's episode of the GSMC Book Review Podcast I was privileged to get to chat with Mary Ann Marlow for the second time, about her new book, A Crazy Kind of Love, the second in her Flirting with Fame series..  I first spoke with Mary Ann in August about her wonderful debut novel, Some Kind of Magic. A Crazy Kind of Love takes place in the same world as her first novel.  The main characters from Some Kind of Magic, Eden and Adam, are now secondary characters, and Eden's brother Micah is one of the main characters. 



Celebrities hold zero interest for photographer Jo Wilder. That’s a problem, since snapping pics of the stars is how the pretty paparazza pays the rent. So when Jo attempts to catch a money shot atop the broad shoulders of a helpful bystander, the only thing she notices about the stranger she straddles is that he’s seriously hot. Only later does Jo learn that he’s also Micah Sinclair–one of rock’s notorious bad boys…
Soon Jo is on the verge of getting fired for missing a Micah Sinclair exclusive. Until she’s suddenly being pursued by the heartthrob himself. But how can she be sure the musician’s mind-blowing kisses are the real deal? Her colleagues claim he’s a media whore, gambling on some free PR. But something has Jo hoping Micah’s feeling the same powerful pull that she does. A pull so strong, she can’t resist becoming his latest love, even if it means she might become the media’s latest victim . . . (Source)
 It was so much fun to revisit this world and get to know Micah's character a little better, as well as to see Adam and Eden from different perspectives than we saw in Some Kind of Magic.  Mary Ann's writing is fun, smart, and engaging, and the relationship between Micah and Jo is both flirty and complex.  Mary Ann definitely has a fan in me, and I will happily read whatever she writes going forward.

Genres:
  • Romance
  • Women's Fiction

What I loved:
  • The complexities of Jo's character.  She is so well developed, with numerous nuances, none of which feel forced or used to give her a false sense of depth.
  • Watching the evolution of Micah's and Jo's relationship as they learn more about who the other person is beyond simply surface impressions.
  • Returning to the Flirting with Fame series and getting a glimpse of what has happened with Eden and Adam since the ending of Some Kind of Magic.
Who should read A Crazy Kind of Love?
  • Fans of Some Kind of Magic.
  • People who haven't read Some Kind of Magic but who like fun, flirty novels they can sink into and escape for awhile.
  • Fans of romance.
  • Fans of Women's Fiction.
Quotes:
    • "One parent I never disappointed and one parent I always let down." -Jo
    • "I slipped a cookie out of my pocketbook and handed another to Zion.  Nibbling cookies while intent on the unfolding drama, we looked like we were watching a TV show."
    Where you can find Mary Ann online:
    Website: http://www.maryannmarlowe.com/
    Blog: http://www.maryannmarlowe.com/?cat=7
    Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Mary-AnnMarlowe/e/B01HAKJV4I/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
    Facebook: @marlowemaryann
    Twitter: @maryannmarlowe
    Instagram: @mary_ann_marlowe


    Author Bio:
    I’m a central Virginia-based contemporary romance writer. When I’m not writing, I love to do karate with my kids (I have a second degree black belt) and work by day as a computer programmer/DBA. Theoretically, I love to travel, but until I find a patron to fund my trip around the world, I placate my wanderlust by letting my characters hop on a plane and hang out in Paris. (Source)
    For today's interview with Mary Ann please click here.  For my previous interview, click here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment