Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sunday Rewind: 2017

This is a slightly different Sunday Rewind as it's the last day of 2017 and I've been thinking about the books I've read this year.

Partly because I'm a dork, and partly because half the time I can't remember if I've read a particular book, I started tracking my reading a while ago. I have a word document with every book I've read since 2007. Thanks to the GSMC Book Review Podcast this year's total is 105 (unless I finish one more book today). That's my 2nd highest number for books read in a year.


Obviously this isn't 105 books, just a sampling, and a lot of them are from authors I interviewed on the podcast.  Someone on Facebook asked me what my favorite title from 2017 is and I responded by asking which one of her children is her favorite.  Not that the books are my children, but I have a hard time choosing a favorite.  Often the most recent book I've finished is my favorite.  Often it depends on what mood I'm in.  I reread the Harry Potter series this year (for the millionth time) and that is always one of my favorites.  I loved the Menagerie series by Tui T. Sutherland and Kari H. Sutherland and the Jackaby series by William Ritter. And then there are the authors I have had on the podcast and books that I might not have read otherwise.  I won't choose a favorite because I have loved some aspect of every book.  Thankfully in 2017 I can't think of a single book that I absolutely hated.  Here's hoping for the same book luck in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment