Friday, December 29, 2017

Flat Adventures

Have you ever read the Flat Stanley books or had a child do a flat version of themselves?



All 5 of my nieces have participated in this process over the years, and this week I have been having adventures with Flat Risa, the 2 dimensional version of my youngest niece.  Since it's Christmas week, she has helped me make truffles as gifts for our neighbors, open presents, went with us to see Star Wars, celebrated our dogs' birthdays, and helped me in the studio with the podcasts. 



I've taken a lot more pictures, I just didn't want to subject you to them.  I've had a lot of fun, though.  And yes, I did make my dogs birthday hats.  I also made Flat Risa a birthday hat, as well as headphones...  I keep imagining what 7 year old, 3 dimensional Risa will say about some of the pictures.  I picture a lot of eye rolling and exasperated "AUNTIE!"(s).  She's quite melodramatic and more than a little bit of a sassy pants, which is partly why I love her so.

I hope your Christmas week has involved adventures of some variety.  Flat Risa and I need to go to the park now.



No comments:

Post a Comment