Saturday, July 21, 2018

House of Belonging by Andrea Thome

On Episode 96 of the GSMC Book Review Podcast I spoke with the delightful Andrea Thome about her new book, House of Belonging, the third installment in her Hesse Creek Trilogy. House of Belonging tells the story of Laina, a minor character from the first book, and Logan, the brother of one of the main characters in the second book.


Renowned chef Laina Ming walked away from the culinary spotlight and an unhealthy relationship—one that still haunts her a year later. She’s trying to start fresh in the Rocky Mountains, opening a concept restaurant on the banks of the Roaring Fork River, where she hopes she’ll be able to express her passion for food and bury her heartache.
Horse rancher Logan Matthews moved to Aspen to be near his sister and her husband, grateful for his newfound family. Since a chance meeting with Laina the previous summer, Logan’s been enchanted. But she doesn’t want anything to do with him—which makes her all the more appealing.

Despite Laina’s efforts to protect her heart, Logan has been on her mind, too—and he has a way of turning up in the most unexpected places. Can they learn to trust one another and finally find the sense of belonging they’ve both been searching for? (Source) 

Genres:

  • Contemporary Romance
  • Women's Fiction
What I enjoyed:
  • Laina and Logan both come into the book with issues from their past. As their relationship develops from acquaintances to friendship to romance they help each other to reconcile those issues. They do so in an equitable way, though. So often in romances there is some form of rescuing that happens and it's fairly one sided, whether it's emotional, physical, or something else. Laina and Logan are both strong and vulnerable, though, and it enables them to confront their pasts and help the other to do the same.
  • The rest of the relationships. This trilogy is a romance and there are three couples who get together in the three books, but there are also relationships of friendship and family (both biological and the family we choose).
Quotes:
  • "[Laina] wasn't the kind of chef who insisted people eat one way and like it. She offered options, and knew customers would end up ordering exactly what they were supposed to experience."
  • [Laina] wished sometimes that she could take all her parents' little affection words and stitch them together to make a quilt she could wrap around herself in their absence."
Where to find Andrea on the internet:
Twitter: @AndreaThome
Instagram: andreathomeauthor
Amazon Author Page: Andrea Thome
Goodreads: Andrea Thome
BookBub: @AndreaThome


Author Bio:

I'm a former broadcast journalist who has covered both sports and news during my career. (That's how I met my husband, Hall of Famer Jim Thome; I interviewed him on opening day of the MLB season in 1995, and the rest is history.) We have a fifteen-year-old daughter, a ten-year-old son, and two cats that we spoil rotten. I temporarily retired when we had our children, so I could be home with them full-time while they were still young. The loss of my mom almost four years ago was the catalyst for me starting to explore my writing career, which still allows me to remain home with my family. My mom was a writer and poet, and I can't help feeling that she's always near, watching over me proudly.
In my spare time, I love photography and travel, preferably at the same time. My novels are inspired by favorite places I've been, each of which have left vivid footprints on my imagination. I believe a book can be steamy and sexy, while still keeping it classy. I also love to infuse my characters with great senses of humor. I really love to interact with my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note or reach out to me on social media. (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment